My Goals for 2019
Ahh…the dreaded New Year’s Resolutions. There’s just something about this prospect that makes me feel a little bit queasy. There’s so much pressure nowadays to come up with (and stick to) really profound resolutions. So this year I decided not to do it.
Instead, I’ve decided to set myself three goals for both my personal and professional life (professional referring to my blog and shop) this year. You might be thinking, isn’t a goal just another word for a resolution? and you might be right, but for me the word ‘goal’ feels so much friendlier. There’s so much less pressure to stick to them every single day, rather, I can look back on the year as a whole. Let’s do this.
- Take care of myself. This year I want to make sure I’m really taking care of both my physical and mental health. I’ve been dealing with some pretty major health issues for the last three years, and I want this year to be the year I finally kick it in the butt.
- Read more. Okay, yes, I already read a lot for my University degree, but since I started studying literature I’ve noticed that I’ve basically stopped reading for myself, and it’s time to change that.
- Eat healthier lunches. Working from home means that I often don’t put much thought into what I’m eating for lunch, and this year I’d like to start being more mindful of what I’m eating and start being more creative with my lunches.
- Get 1000 page views. While this may not sound like a lot, to reach 1000 page views a month on here would be a Big Deal for me, and this year I really want to focus on growing the blog.
- Make my first £100. Again, £100 may not sound like much, but if I’m able to make £100 from my shop or from here, it would mean so so much!
- Master Pinterest. Not gonna lie, Pinterest scares me a bit. So, this year I want to master it!
What are your goals for 2019? Let me know in the comments! ??