My 2018 Christmas Bucket List
I hope you all had an amazing week, and a happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! ?
Is it too early to launch into the Christmas content? I mean, Thanksgiving is over so there aren’t any other holidays between now and Christmas…I think it’s time. ??? (feel free to tell me that it’s too early in the comments ?)
That being said, I wanted to share my Christmas bucket list for this year with you all. Christmas is by far my absolute favourite time of year; I don’t care how old you are, you cannot deny the magical atmosphere that this time of year brings. There are so many things I wait all year to do (okay fine sometimes I cheat and watch The Holiday in mid-July, sue me), but I often find myself so busy that the season flies by and I haven’t done half of what makes Christmas so special to me. This year I decided that that wasn’t going to happen, so I made a bucket list in my bullet journal to remind me of all the wonderful things I plan on doing.
Here’s my 2018 Christmas bucket list:
- Decorate the tree (obviously)
- Build a gingerbread house – strangely enough I have only done this two or three times in my entire life!
- Wrap presents – I like to have a theme for my presents and to go the extra mile when wrapping, I’ll be writing a blog post on this year’s wrapping sometime in December.
- Kiss under the mistletoe
- Write Christmas cards – a tradition that I personally think needs to be preserved.
- Bake and decorate cookies – this is one of my longest standing Christmas traditions; every year my sister and I would bake and decorate cookies with my mum. I’ll be putting up the family recipe in December!
- Look at Christmas lights – whether I take a drive to look at houses, or walk through town.
- And finally, listen to Christmas music – I can happily say that I can already check that off ?
I also added a few of my favourite Christmas essentials to the list – these are things that I think no Christmas is complete without:
- Hot chocolate (especially if it has peppermint in it)
- Mulled wine – mostly for the incredible smell that fills the house when you make it!
- Board games
- Fuzzy socks
- Matching pyjamas
- Cheesy Christmas movies
- Advent calendars – any excuse to eat chocolate every day!
- And last but by no means least, Christmas scented candles
I would love to know what some of your favourite Christmas traditions are, or what you’re most looking forward to this year! Let me know in the comments below!
Before I go, I’m very very happy to announce that my shop will be opening very soon! Make sure you’re signed up to my email newsletter to receive an EXCLUSIVE discount when it opens! You can do this via the form below, or the sidebar ❤️ Thank you to everyone who has already signed up, you guys are the best!